Monday, February 13, 2012

Life goes on...


Its hard to believe that I have been home from my first real vacation for about 3 weeks now. It was wonderful. The flight to Las Vegas was uneventful. We arrived and returned in one piece. I had the opportunity to share the LDS temple with my mother and sister. We went there on Sunday and did a brief walk around, smelling the flowers and admiring the tranquility of this majestic building. Behind the temple is a chapel. And when you stand on the grounds you can look out and see downtown Las Vegas.
On Tuesday I had the chance to go to the temple for the morning. Peacefulness surrounded me during my stay. There are sessions every 1/2 hour, and you don't need to book, just show up. I added a dear friend's name to the Temple role. Later that night I found out he had passed. Although saddened by this news. Bobby Joe was expecting it and we had made arrangements to meet up their.
I went back again on Thursday, I cried for him actually sobbed. But realised it was for the best. He is at peace and one day will be joined by others.
Its been awhile since I have been in cubs. We are getting ready for the kub car rally. The great thing is to see the boys so excited. Planning and decorating their cars. Next year it will be Lanes turn. I'll be prepared.

No comments: