Monday, May 14, 2012

A new calling

Yesterday morning I was at home getting ready for church when I received a call from the Bishops secretary. The second councilor wants to meet with you at 12:15 today. Are you available? Of course, now for those who aren't LDS, it can only mean a couple things. You've done something wrong,you are going to be giving a talk in church or your getting a new calling. Well I had only just been called late last year into Cubs; and I hadn't done anything wrong...so maybe I am being asked to give a talk. Well I went into the Bishops office, said our hello's,I gave a prayer and was asked how things were in cubs...great...learning new things and to love the boys I teach. Well we are extending a new calling...your name has been mentioned for Second Councilor in Primary. I am not someone to say no...what you need to realise is that this is the Lord's calling. And unless I really felt I couldn't do it justice...I had no right to refuse. So next Sunday I will be set apart to work with the little ones in our church.

No comments: