Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Find a friend and share the Gospel of JC

Stake conference is over for aanother six months. Although I didn't attend the Saturday session or Leadership Training, hard at work in the backyard getting things ready for winter. I did go to the Sunday conference. The Dalhousie Primary sang the prelude music. And then sang another song once the opening prayer, and announcements were made.
What I loved about conference was the theme, about those who are lost to the Gospel and how it is important we find them and I really liked this thought by President Robison- not to bring them to church; but to Christ. How simple is that, we always invite people to church but not to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. On Friday eveing we had a ward FHE and had a potluck dinner and speakers talk about various aspects of being new to the church and how diffucult it is for a new member to understand the language--(Stake conference,General Conference, Relief Society etc)
I look forward to conference next year.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I enjoyed conference so much--both General and Stake. (I loved when he said that, too. It really hit me)

I need to do a better job of sharing.

Unknown said...

Website: http://alt.com/go/g1167554>

Massage
the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends
http://tw

Nancy Face said...

It would be such a treat to be at your stake conference and listen to Yvonne's hubby! :)

Thanks for commenting on my blog!