Friday, October 31, 2008

The Atonement

When my youngest son, Benjamim left to go on his mission in 2004 I was googling the MTC and came across a wonderful web site set up by a woman named Betty Pearson in Utah. It was called the Missionary Moms. There are different things you can sign up as: stay at home mom, early release mom,etc and she asks you questions such as where your child is going. The greatest thing about this site is moms who are registered can keep an eye on your child while he/she is out in the mission field. Because you are paire up with moms whos chidren are in your area. I was lucky that a missionary from Nevada came to the Canada Winnipeg Missiona and we were able to have him and his companion over for supper while he served in my area. His name is " Elder Harding. When Benjamin came home early, I changed to another group called early release missionaries. And thus the crux of my blog today.

We, the sisters from the US have been talking alot lately about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and what a wonderful thing that it is. When (and its usually sons, some daughters) are sent home most are because prior to leaving there were things that were left unresolved and they need to clear this up so they come home to meet with their SP or their Bishop about. The ERM find when they are either in the MTC or the field that they don't have the spirt with them and are having a diffucult time. teaching to the converted. Most at that point go and meet with their MP and are sent home to meet with their Bishop and work through the process.

The sisters have all marveled at the price that Christ payed for our sins and how through repentance we can be forgiven. Now some missionaries are able to return and complete the mission they started doing. Alot thought don't and stay home.

When talking about my son Benjamin I think the reason he came home early ( don't know the complete reason why) was I had been excommunicated when he was a baby and in 2004 was re-baptised again. I like to think he bought a lost soul back into the Gospel and that was me.
Through all of this I have seen first hand what the Atonement can do. I am living proof it works and that even though it seems like our friends, maybe even a family member have lost there way in the Gospel and life there is hope.

What I have learned from the sisters in this group is don't give up hope, pray, fast and attend the temple. I am working towards getting my endowments back and one day being able to attend a session.

Thats it, all for now. Safe trick or treating tonight.

2 comments:

momma street said...

You are awesome!! You can do it - just remember how MUCH the Savior can and does work in your life - and thus in your kids lives!

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful post--the Savior loves us all and we can turn EVERYTHING over to Him. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

You can definitely do it.